Definitions and Interpretation
"SBC Systems (UK) Limited" means SBC Systems (UK) Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05191492 whose registered office is at Portsoken House, 155/157 Minories, London, EC3N 1LJ.
"Cookies” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
"Data" means collectively all information that you submit to SBC Systems (UK) Limited via the Website, including all personal data.
"Data Protection Laws” means the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and all laws and regulations that implement or amend the foregoing.
"User" or "You" means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by SBC Systems (UK) Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to SBC Systems (UK) Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
"Website" means the website that you are currently using, https://www.sbcsystems.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal data, from you:
b. Job Title;
c. Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. IP Address (automatically collected);
e. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
f. Operating system (automatically collected);
g. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our Use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Laws, SBC Systems (UK) Limited is the "data controller"
6. We may retain any Data, set out in clause 4 above, for up to five years.
7. Your personal Data will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected. In particular, we may use your personal information:
a. to provide you with services, products or information which you request;
b. to communicate with you, including circulation of relevant news;
c. to send other types of communications to you, for example to notify you about any changes to our services or to answer any enquiries;
d. to administer this website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
e. to improve your interactions with this website, for example by ensuring that content is presented in the most relevant and effective manner for you and for your computer;
f. to keep this website and internal operations safe and secure;
g. to conduct research into the impact and effectiveness of our work and services;
h. to deal with enquiries and/or complaints made by or about you;
i. to audit and/or administer our accounts;
j. to satisfy legal obligations which are binding on us, for example arising from contracts entered into between you and us or in relation to regulatory, government and/or law enforcement bodies with whom we may work;
k. to prevent fraud, misuse of services or money laundering;
l. to enforce legal claims.
8. We may use your Data to provide you with information about our work, products and/or services which we consider may be of interest to you (for example, about goods or services you previously purchased or used). Where we do this via email, SMS or telephone (if you are registered with the telephone preference service), we will not do so without your consent.
9. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles set out in the Data Protection Laws. For more details on security, see the security clause below (Security).
a. Internal record keeping;
b. Improvement of our products/services.
11. Data Protection Laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring more protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and political opinions. We will only process your sensitive personal information if there is a valid reason for doing so and where Data Protection Laws allow us to do so.
12. In the unlikely event that we collect and use sensitive personal information about you (such as your health information) we will obtain your explicit consent beforehand.
13. Data Protection Law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal data. We consider the grounds listed below to be relevant:
a. Where you have given consent to us for a particular purpose;
b. Where necessary so we can comply with a legal obligation (for example where we are obliged to share your personal information with regulatory bodies who govern our work and services);
c. Where necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract;
d. Where there is a legitimate interest in us doing so.
14. Data Protection Law allows us to collect and process personal information if it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate interests (as long as that processing is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact your rights). "Legitimate interests" can include your interests, such as when you have requested information or certain goods/services from us, and those of others.
Third-Party Websites and Services
15. SBC Systems (UK) Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to personal data provided by Users of this Website beyond the minimum required to fulfil their duties. Such third parties are held to stringent privacy policies with regards to their handling of personal data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
18. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
19. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Functionality of the Website
20. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
22. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by SBC Systems (UK) Limited (where such personal data is held).
23. You have the right to request rectification of any personal data held which is not accurate (where such personal data is held).
24. You also have further rights, conferred under Data Protection Laws where applicable.
25. Data security is of great importance to SBC Systems (UK) Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
26. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to protect against unauthorised access. However, we cannot be held liable in the unlikely event of a breach of our technical and organisational measures.
36. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
37. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact SBC Systems (UK) Limited by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 August 2021